Jan 25, 2009

Believe in Mermaids

Ok, I admit it's been a while since I've last posted, but I promise I have a few good reasons: namely 2 great exhibitions I've seen recently. The first one undermines our faith visual media, and he second reconsiders the merging of our virtual realities with the ones we live.

De Facto, an exhibition by Barcelonin conceptual artist and photographer Joan Fontcuberta, presents convincing alternate realities which from beginning to end break down our systematic method and willingness to accept what we understand as facts. My friend and I could not agree that the first images we saw were true or not. Regardless, if you came across something like this, you might want to suspend your belief for a moment, if only to feel the delight of the possibilities it might hold..